About Astia

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

5 Steps to Game-Changing Relationships

Guest post from Patricia Fletcher, PhD, SAP & Astia Board of Trustees

Inc. | LEVEL PLAYING FIELD | Apr 18, 2012

Men build networks. Women build relationships. What's the difference, and how to do it.



Part of my work involves figuring out why some women succeed and others do not. Yet I’ve worked mostly with men in my career, and I’ve always heard that men have bigger, stronger, bolder, and all-around better networks than women. So when I meet wildly successful women, especially in the male-dominated tech industry, it seems only natural to ask them about the importance of their networks. These women often answer me by talking about relationships. At first I thought this was a fluke: I’m asking about networks, so why are they responding by talking about relationships?

Read the full article here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment